Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 30, 2009

A C T S

I am reading through the book of Acts at the moment...taking my time to really study what the probable writer, Luke, had to say about the fulfillment of the promise of a Comforter. It is amazing to me how God moves by using not only my personal alone time, but also sermons that I hear and devotions that I read to coincide with one another. They seem, at times, to just go hand in hand together!

I was reading a Proverbs 31 devotional the other day (May 22) about God's Messengers. The devotional referenced Acts 6 which I had just been reading. It is somewhat a reference to the fact that we each have a different calling in the Kingdom, but of course there are many nuggets of truth in this passage. What caught my deepest attention was that Stephen was chosen as one of seven men to basically wait on tables! The devotional solidified the fact that Stephen was chosen to serve in this way...as a waiter.

Stephen. The martyr!

In the very next chapter of Acts, Stephen is martyred for freely sharing his faith in Christ. Of course, you probably remember that a man named Saul held the cloaks of the men throwing the stones.

Saul. Who later had THE Damascus Road experience with Jesus. The man who became Paul and wrote 2/3 of the New Testament.

I am having a hard time wrapping my feeble, human mind around the fact of simply serving with such a heart of love that I would be willing to be martyred for waiting tables! Do I really want to grow so deep in my faith that I am willing to lose everything, even my life, for a small act of service? Or even for a large act of service?

If I am willing to grow that deeply, how do I get there? Yes, there is the Bible reading and daily prayer, fellowship with the saints and deepening my personal relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ. But, I've been doing that for years and I don't feel all that deep into it! If someone asks if I am a Christian, I don't hide it; however, I don't just go up to strangers on the street and share my faith.

Then, I was reading a post a few days later on MckMama's blog and Prince Charming was mentioning that he likes to use the A C T S acronym to pray.

A Adoration
C Confession
T Thanksgiving
S Supplication

I have heard this before, many years before actually. Isn't it neat how God brings us full circle? He reminds us, ever so gently, drawing us nearer to His bosom. This is His promise: Hebrews 10:19.Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20.by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21.and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22.let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23.Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

I question my own life...Do I love deeply enough to serve no matter what the cost? I hope so. God's promises are so clear, why is it so difficult to simply lean into His heart and fully serve?

Do you question yourself, or have you developed such a servant's heart? If you have, I would love to ask some questions of you. I know that God brings so many areas of life into focus at just the right time. Maybe, this is my time.

Thank you for letting me share from my heart.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.....

God's girl, Pamela

No comments: