Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January 17, 2010

Focus Weekend!!!

If you have followed this blog for anytime, you know we love our church! Focus weekend is one of the reasons we love it! Our Student Pastor has taken bits & pieces of various youth retreats and sifted the good from the bad and each year, it gets better!

This year, Brad Fogarty was the speaker. Actually, I would have to say the Holy Spirit was the speaker because Brad did a terrific job of setting aside his agenda and letting God lead the services! IT WAS AMAZING! I should have taken a box of kleenex because I cried at every service...no kidding!

It is so cool to see our children choose to become a Christ-follower or watch them find a deeper way to love their Lord and Savior. I have been so blessed this weekend!

I only have two children, both girls, but this morning when I went into the sanctuary, I learned my quiver had doubled!!! Seriously...I sat my stuff down in a chair, stood up and there were four beautiful teens, two boys and two girls, standing there waiting to hug me and say Good Morning! Only one of them was my natural child! I so love getting hugs from kids...especially the big ones!

I hope to post more on this weekend in the near future but right now, I really need to process some of what went on for myself. I have been challenged to guard my heart more closely as I continue to follow Christ on a daily basis. Please understand, I am so far from perfect, only forgiven and covered by the blood of Jesus Christ!

I pray that as you read my little blog, that you will be blessed by the Creator of the Universe! I pray that you see His light, not me!

I'm so Praising God from whom all blessings flow....like teenagers!

God's girl, Pamela

No comments: