Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 25, 2010

Post 125!!!

This is my 125th post...and on a very special 25th of the month!!!

Today is CD's 20th birthday!!! Happy Birthday to my sweet babe! I can never say in words all that you are to me. You are the precious one that God chose to make me a parent and for that, I am more than grateful!!!

If I were a more intuitive person, or maybe just more mature,(I was 21 when she was born) I may have realized an awesome truth months before you were actually born. I would have realized how God was shaping your personality inside of little ol' me!

Ps 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Oh, how true! I have loved this verse even more as my girls have grown into lovely young women! His works are wonderful!!!

Oh, my CD. She was not a mover and shaker, she preferred to just sort of roll every now and then! I was always surprised when she began moving because it really did not happen all that often. The only time she really KICKED me was when her Daddy was talking to my belly and called her Cristopher, our chosen boy name! At that point, I got a good swift kick from inside of me and I made the statement then that it was a girl and she knew her name would not be Cristopher!! (We waited until birth to know what she was!)

She really wanted to hide!!! In those last few weeks, we did lots of walking around the PX and one day a lady struck up a conversation about the size of my belly. Of course, the first thing she asked was when I was due. When we told her it was the 22nd, she responded there was no way, that I only looked about 5 mo along! Unfortunately it was true...CD would burrow herself toward my right hip! Many times I would stand, only to fall flat down, because she had put my entire right leg to sleep!

I learned when pregnant with Cupcake, that I should be able to feel the baby moving at least 10 times per hour. If someone had told me that with CD, I would have been freaked!!! I can tell you she never moved more than 2-3 times per hour!!!

Now, her personality traits follow so closely with what she was in the womb! She is so not a mover and shaker! She prefers to arrive early to everything,(although she came 3 days late!) but once there, she kind of hides in the crowd. She doesn't necessarily want to be in the spotlight, nor have an army of friends around - she prefers to do life one or two friends at a time!

Imagine, this child that many times seemed shy and reserved, now desires to learn how to be a Worship leader!!!

Where Did You Come From, Baby Dear?

~George MacDonald

Where did you come from, baby dear?
Out of the everywhere into here.

Where did you get your eyes so blue?
Out of the sky as I came through.

What makes the light in them sparkle and spin?
Some of the starry spikes left in.

Where did you get that little tear?
I found it waiting when I got here.

What makes your forehead so smooth and high?
A soft hand stroked it as I went by.

What makes your cheek like a warm white rose?
I saw something better than anyone knows.

Whence that three-cornered smile of bliss?
Three angels gave me at once a kiss.

Where did you get this pearly ear?
God spoke, and it came out to hear.

Where did you get those arms and hands?
Love made itself into hooks and bands.

Feet, whence did you come, you darling things?
From the same box as the cherubs' wings.

How did they all just come to be you?
God thought about me, and so I grew.

But how did you come to us, you dear?
God thought about you, and so I am here.


Praise God from whom all blessings flow...especially my CD and all that she is!

God's girl,

Pamela

No comments: