Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 16, 2010

I can't do this without crying....

but I'm gonna try!


UPDATE:We learned this morning that David will be going home on Thursday with hospice care. Thank you for continuing to lift him up.
A fund has been set up for expenses, please ONLY give if you feel led. You can designate any gift for the Eddy family. The address to mail donations to is:
Victory Baptist Church
278 Victory Church Rd.
Sylva, NC 28779


David has good days and not so good days. He has good nights and not so good nights. I wish I could be there with him.

He was off of the ventilator for nearly a week, but his body just wasn't strong enough. He's back on the respirator full time again. They haven't yet found the root of the initial reason for him going into the hospital in July.

Talking with Mom today, they have mentioned them taking David home with a hospice nurse to care for him there.

Can I tell you how much I have cried? and prayed? and cried? and praised?

Oh, my....David. My kid brother!


I see the world differently for having David in my life....I see through rose colored glasses - the ones I borrowed from him! Seriously, I have never seen him ANGRY! He would rather laugh at anything than to be upset about it! I think he LOVES laughing at us, his big sisters! He does that alot! I asked some of my Facebook friends to share a special memory of David and two of my friends from high school mentioned his smile! Yeah, it's a very special smile!

He loves to touch....just reaches out and touches whoever is walking by! He reaches out to touch and says our name, usually to answer with, "I love you."
When he gets excited, he LOVES to clap; for someone, something on TV, something that was said...he just claps - LOUD! That boy has some strength!
He loves to sing....it has always been a comfort to me when we visit Mom and Dad, or they come stay at our house for a while, to hear David 'sing'. When he goes to bed at night, he rocks from side to side and truly makes a joyful noise! If he stirs in the night, he comforts himself with the same motion.

I know it may seem funny that it is a comfort to me. You see, though, when I was 17 or so, it bugged me to wake up in the night and hear him singing....our rooms were side by side. After My Dear and I married, in the five months I still lived with Mom and Dad, I learned to enjoy that noise, knowing it would be absent for most of the nights ahead.

I wanna hear him say, "I love you" again....I wanna hear him sing himself to sleep. I want to feel him reach out for me when I walk past....I WANT him to be okay!

However, I am a big enough girl to know that I don't always get what I want, that is God's department. So, I'm trusting God to take care of David, in His way.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my special Sunshine. Thank you, also for continuing to lift David and our family up in prayer.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow....

God's girl,

Pamela

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet smile your precious brother has on his face! I'm praying for David. God bless your family! Juenessa

Anonymous said...

Love you and prayers girl...
In Him,
Kat

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet girl that was beautiful!! i am crying with you bc i remember his laugh and smile too!! keeping you in my prayers--love u bunches!!

Wen

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Love you, too, Wendy!

Anonymous said...

mmmm, praying. he sounds like a wonderful person and has definitely taught so many so much.

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Thank you, bahava. He has definitely been one of my life's greatest lessons!

Beth Herring said...

oh, my.. he is adorable! praying for you my friend. i know your heart is hurting and i pray God's blessings and mercy upon you all!

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Thank you so much, Beth.

Diana said...

As David's other sister, my heart is breaking along with you! I miss David terribly and wish that he was healthy! I know part of life is death, but no one ever wants to let a loved one go!!! David is, as always, in my prayers.

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Diana, you are such a wonderful big sister...and I'm glad you're mine!!!

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Pamela! I don't know what words to say. But I want you to know that you are not alone, while you're suffering. I'm praying right NOW for you and your family and Dearest David. Bless him. And Bless you, too. For you have been a blessing to me, more than you'll ever know. God knows your pain. He knows.
All my love to you, dear. I'm praying,
Rose