Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 1, 2008

Issues of the Heart

I have been reading Waking the Dead by John Eldredge and I am almost finished with it but I'm not ready for it to end! This may be a book that I absolutely must buy just so I can re-read it every few years!!!

We also saw Fireproof, the movie this weekend. These two things have brought about a lot of searching for me.

As fallen beings, our hearts have just been overrun by the world and the prince of darkness, satan. I for one, am tired of satan having free reign over my heart and the hearts of my husband and children, when by the power of the resurrected Christ, we have been given a new heart! I am learning by the power of the Lord, how to fight for my heart and those of my family.

We've all heard the scriptures; Prov 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life, or Ps 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. But do we live these in our every day life?

I haven't. Even on days when I do my Bible study, or have actual devotions, I am not always consciously exchanging my heart of stone for the heart of flesh that my Lord so desires to give me. Ez. 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh....

Please, I am asking you my bloggy friends, to hold me accountable to fighting for the hearts of myself and those around me. And please be graceful, my heart is so bruised right now...it hurts still. I know if mine is this bruised, that Bunny's is even more so and that makes me hurt even more.

Happy Birthday to my sweet Bunny!!! Tomorrow she will be 15! Yikes!
She is a bit unhappy because she is not yet marching in the band, she is still shadowing an upperclassmen that she thought had failed the first 6 wks so she would have a chance to march but found out that he somehow passed. So, she is thinking right now that she won't get to march the rest of the season. Please pray that God would comfort her and keep her during this difficult time. She is also fighting again with her 'best' friend. Not the first, but we are praying it will be the last fight these girls have!

And before I close, I want to give a shout out to Baltimore, MD!!! I know four beautiful ladies in that fair city and I pray God's best over them today and in the future!

I know this is an awkward end but I need to get Bunny's gift started! I am burning daylight here so need to run!!!

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW....(especially my precious children!)

God's girl, Pamela

No comments: