Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 30, 2009

Change of tactic

If you haven't noticed, that's just fine - I've not had the time or energy to blog lately!!!

I was hoping that as Miss PD grew, she is 17 months now, that it would mean a bit more independence for her and a few extra minutes for me! Well, that hope was not grounded in reality, obviously!!!

She's really a funny girl! She wants her independence...until I get busy doing something!!! I can be emptying the dishwasher, trying to do laundry, trying to fix lunch, or getting on the computer - it doesn't matter to her!!! She can be playing 'by herself' and seem so content but as soon as I move to do 'something', she is right by me in just a few seconds, holding onto my leg so tightly!!!

Since she holds my leg, it makes moving impossible..as in the case of emptying the dishwasher or moving laundry from washer to dryer. It is frustrating for me.

So....I have changed my tactic. I am working now on being Miss PD focused. I know, that is not good for her but it really is helping the strain in my household!!! The meltdowns come fewer and farther apart! Basically, even though I am home, I treat the day like a work day. When Miss PD leaves, I then 'come home' to fix dinner and care for my family and home.

I hope to one day soon be able to return to blogging on a regular basis. I will still be a book review blogger for Thomas Nelson, just life happenings will have to be shared at a later date.

Speaking of Thomas Nelson, if you have a chance, grab the book, "Same Kind of Different as Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It will bless your socks off!!! (and maybe someone else's!)

Love to you all!!!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow....

God's girl, Pamela

No comments: