Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 25, 2008

The last first and the first first!

Do you remember that feeling when you really studied your baby's face and wondered just what they would be like as they grew older, or am I the only one that has done that? Well, I studied some faces today, one jumping with excitement to the point I could hardly focus on her beautiful face...the other still tired and looking a bit anxious amongst the beauty about how to fit this year into her future plans!

See, today is my oldest daughters last first day of high school...it is also my youngest daughters first first day at her high school. And yes, they are going to different high schools! Today, I feel a bit old! When did this happen? When did they both grow up enough to be in high school? When did I stop being a Mom with young children?

Of course, if you measure in years, then the answers are easy. But I tend to measure from my heart, and it really doesn't seem possible!

Have I told you lately that God loves my girls!!! He delights in them as they dance before Him! He created them with an outward beauty that takes my breath away (I'm the Mom, I can say that!!!) and with an inward beauty that just shines brightly!!! He gave them very distinct personalities, very different from each other! When they were younger, they looked a lot a like but you could tell them apart by size, now they youngest is just as tall as her sister and their features have changed! Both girls are a perfect blend of my dear hubs and me!!! Just they each got different parts!

Now is not always an easy time, they are both teenagers, ya know! but it is an exciting time! God is moving in their lives as they make decisions only they can make...with God, of course! One is considering future plans; college, honor academy, what to major in, living arrangements. The other is friend focused, even though we question several of those 'friendships'! I do know after watching my niece and DD1 go through high school, that friendships are tested beyond belief! I am praying that God will guard Bunny's heart as she transitions to becoming a young lady!

In Psalm 34, David talks about 'tasting' the goodness of God..."O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!" That speaks volumes to my heart!!! The goodness of the Lord is never stale...He is always GOOD!!! I desire to be blessed by God and take refuge in Him! Have you tasted His goodness lately? Has He been good?

Praise God from whom all blessings flow....

God's girl, Pamela

1 comment:

BethAnne said...

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog. Two girls in high school? Lots of hormones at your house, huh? High school is so hard (for kids AND parents). My oldest is only 7, but it seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. Time really does fly!