Daisypath Anniversary tickers

December 15, 2008

All About ME!!!

Do you know how hard those words are for a middle child??? Oh, my, goodness...I think the only time life has ever been all about me was on my wedding day - and then I had the FLU!!! Yes ma'am, the FLU!!! So, I really couldn't enjoy it like I should have! Oh, but we got married just the same and are still enjoying each other's company after all these years!

These are a few of my favorite things: I love me some veggie supreme pizza - minus the 'shrooms and a few of them colorful pepper thingys! I enjoy that sweet broccoli salad somebody always brought for the teacher luncheon. Man, I miss being a teacher just for that! I loved,loved,loved 'ALL DAY DINNER AND SINGIN' ON THE GROUNDS' when I was growing up...isn't that what they are called??? (Just smile and nod!) Those Tennessee women know how to cook! So, knowing this, you can imagine I am still all about the church pot-luck...you know, truly pot luck! I don't want a planned menu; if there are three meats, one veggie and twenty desserts, I'll meet you at the dessert table! If there are two desserts, 16 meats and 40 veggies, I'll BEAT you to the dessert table!!!

My favorite type of food...well, that depends on the mood! One thing I could always go for, though...El Fenix! When I was a teenager, they had this buffet and we spent the Sundays close to birthdays and anniversaries at that buffet line! This is also where dear hubs and I logged most of our dating time! Their cheese enchiladas are SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO delish! Their soft cheese tacos are the best! Their rice and beans...yummy!!! Their guacamole...oh, my! I might just have to go get me a plate for lunch!!! And after you had lunch or dinner at the buffet, this sweet waiter or waitress would come 'round with a basketful of soapapillas....still warm! Open that, put in some honey and I am in love all over again!!! Boy, I sure do miss that buffet!!!

Side note: when we were overseas and I was prego with DD1 and dear hubs was in the field, I got a horrible craving for El Fenix! I woke up after having this all too real dream that I was there....REALLY THERE! I could hear the music playing and smell the food and just so feel the atmosphere in my dream. I have never been so disappointed to wake up from a dream in my whole life!!!

Well, now you know all about my food fetishes! What else is there in life???

HMMM, I love to read! Especially fiction! I don't watch TV to escape, that is what a book is for! My Mom raised me with this wonderful imagination and TV messes with that! But a book....I can put myself inside and be a part of the story. Now, dear hubs likes TV and I sure wish I could figure out how to read a book while he is watching TV...but that is his quality time love language! So, I'll read later!

Some of my favorite fiction authors (not an exhaustive list!): Janette Oke, T. Davis Bunn, Frank Peretti, Janet Peart, Kathryn Keene. Some other favorite authors: John and Stasi Eldredge, Matthew Paul Turner, Thomas Kinkade (yes, he writes too!), Max Lucado, Emilie Barnes. I'm tellin' y'all, I love to read!!!

I am a thinker...refer to above paragraph about imagination! I will have to admit, though, that if left alone for too long, I will think myself silly! Maybe that is why I am always surrounded by my family that loves me! I'm not detail oriented, though, so while I can think out a whole situation, I cannot reason it out and if I find myself in said situation, I am in trouble because I didn't work out all the details!!! Understand??? (me, neither!!!)

I love to work with my hands, paper, glue and frillies! That is why I make cards! Nothing smells better than glue, freshly sharpened pencils and newly opened paper! Wish there was some way to make money off of it...but I'm not that good!

I love to just walk down EVERY aisle in Michael's and Hobby Lobby! I enjoy all the different textures of paper and material (Hancock's too!). I love walking into Mardel and feeling instant peace and spending hours looking at the art and books sections - one daughter would be with me, the other in the music!!!

I enjoy baking...especially desserts (refer to 2nd paragraph!) I like making desserts for people because for a moment, it makes them happy! As I type, I am eating some of last night's Something Else that we took for a church pot-luck! I enjoy trying out new dessert recipes...when I am all by myself (that helps to keep me from thinking so much!!!).

I have a people pleaser tendency...remember, I'm the middle child!
I have a messy tendency....not that I can live that way, it just catches up with me after awhile! If you come to see me, don't look at my house!!! Unfortunately, I married a messy so you can guess where the children fall!!! I say I am a messy but I also have perfectionistic tendencies...i.e., if I do clean a room, it has to be CLEAN! Sometimes, that is why I am a messy...because I jut don't want to fight the perfectionist in me! I stress dear hubs out when I get on a cleaning tear..seriously stressful situation in this household!!! Just doesn't really add to the peace! And one of the precious children, took after me! Her room is either spotless or messy...no in between! Yep, that is so me!!!

Well, I think that is enough for now. If you have made it this far...Mom, does that sound like me??? This was fun but oh, so hard!!!

I am going to pass this on to Carolina, Charity, Miss Larissa and my friend, Rose. Now, y'all get to have fun telling us all about YOU!!! I can't wait to see how we all mesh together! Aren't you glad we are sisters in Christ and can love each other in spite of our differences?? Yeah, me too!!!

Special shout out::: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNSHINE!!! My little brother turned a whopping 33 yesterday!!! Love you, Uncle D.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow....like sisters in Christ and brothers that turn 33!!!

God's girl, Pamela

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I knew some of these things about you! Glad to know I'm not the only one around who loves a good veggie pizza!! But I have to have the shrooms. Shrooms complete the picture. Shrooms are that little bit of salty, without putting anchovies. Yucky.

Anonymous said...

great post!

Spring M Fricks said...

It sounds like you read a book just like I read a book. Don't talk to me cause I won't hear you, I'm IN the book.

I love Peretti and the Thomas Kincade books although I was disappointed with the last one.