Daisypath Anniversary tickers

December 22, 2008

True Love

John 3:16 Need I say more???

Hosanna by Hillsong United:

I see the king of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
The whole earth shakes

Yeeeah

I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
The people sing

[Chorus]
Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest [x2]

I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith

I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees
We're on our knees

[Chorus]

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity

LOVE! This has been a heart subject for me for quite some time. I have felt so drawn to share my feelings on this post before Christmas, and if I didn't do it today, it would probably not happen. So...

The part of the song above that says, "Show me how to love like you have loved me" just rings over and over in my head. How does He love me?? Enough to die for me!!!

Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me you heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see

The line that gets me in this chorus is, "Give me Your love for humanity." Once again, that love was willing to die for us!

Knowing this, why do I have such a hard time truly loving others???

Am I willing to give up convenience, even, to show someone I love them???
I'm talking more about little things here, things that tend to drive me crazy....like a dog using my yard and the owner not picking up after their animal. Like a neighbor that doesn't care for his yard, or car, or family the way that I think he should. Like a friend that really needs time away from a child, but because I'm too busy, I cannot give even a moment to calm Mom or child down. Like a teen that needs an ear, but I'm focused on my agenda and just can't find extra time to listen. Like someone that needs a ride, but because it is not in my direction, I can't take you there.

Jesus WILLINGLY gave Himself to DIE for us...talk about inconvenience! I know there is the problem of being used for a doormat, the problem of safety for a woman alone. I know we are not perfect and therefore cannot love perfectly. But I can do more, I should do more...because Jesus tells us to love Him with all we have, and our neighbors as ourselves!

I was so convicted reading Ally's blog. That is a love from the heart of God. I desire to love like that.

Will you love with me???

With all my heart...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

God's girl, Pamela

No comments: