Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 18, 2008

God is so good, cont.

Thank you to the anon commenter about your Grandparents!!! It is on the blog below so y'all can check it out. Just proves our God is so good!!!

I pray this blog will be all that I spent most of the past couple of hours dreaming of! I just feel so called to this computer to put down the many things I am THANKFUL for because of Christ!

A wonderful prayer from my children's elementary school years says:

God is so good
God is so good
Thank Him for the blessings of life
Blessings when you're coming in
Blessings when you're going out
Always plenty of blessing when you walk in His way.

That last line chokes me up every time! Sometimes it is so hard to walk in HIS WAY!! I want to do it my way, but the promise is that when I surrender to God, there will be blessings. This goes along so well with the verse displayed at the top, Jer 17:7,8.

I am thankful for salvation and my relationship with my Lord.
I am thankful for my home, my house and my family.

My home: y'all know that place when as parents we are fully surrendered and the peace in our home truly passes all understanding...that is the home I am thankful for. It doesn't happen all the time, but the frequency has increased in the past couple of years!
My house: I love my house! It is what I dreamed of as a young lady! We moved here in Oct '96 and by God's grace, I don't plan to move for a llloooooonnnnngggg time!
My family: obviously the first ones will be dear hubs, dd1 and bunny. But also for Mom, Dad, my sissy, DL, my niece....this list could go forever!

I am thankful for our employment.

My dear hubs lost four jobs from 1999-2004. This is what prompted him to start his own business. Most of these losses were due to layoffs and downsizing. However, God's grace and provision has been so abundant in our lives! When he was just starting the biz, God led me to a verse in Psalm to pray over our family before we went our separate ways in the morn:
Ps 90:17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us-- yes, establish the work of our hands.
How awesome to know that God himself wants to establish the work of my hands...no matter what that work is!

I am thankful for our marriage.

We have walked through some trials that have made lesser marriages crumble. We have walked through no longer loving one another - and then of course, God decided to move in and continue to love us so we could love one another again, except better! Does that last sentence make sense? I hope so!!!
At this point, we have grown up together. We left the states as 20 yr old newlyweds, him in March me in May of that year(1989). We returned to the states as parents in Dec 1990. We had not seen either of our families since leaving the states! For many of those first few years, it was just us and God. We didn't realize then what a blessing that was, because when the tough got going and we wanted out, God had other plans that we just could not ignore!!!

I am thankful for our daughters!

They are precious points of light in my day! I know they struggle with truly feeling loved...I hurt so badly to watch them make wrong decisions based on something they perceived the wrong way!!! However, they are truly a gift from God and I would not trade any of this journey!!!

There are so many other things...the dog that was a gift from God, who gave us a gift shortly before she had to be put down, the two 90ish cars that drive well and get us from place to place...and on, and on, and on.
However, if you are reading this, you have a life as well. And yours may be even fuller than mine!!! I pray you are so blessed.

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW...

God's girl, Pamela

2 comments:

MAC5 said...

Our Ziggy is A gift from God as well. You see my three children were adaopted as a sib group and for about 6 years my oldest had begged for a dog. I said no, until his 12th b-day. I said we would start to look. Well, our Zigggy found us. She was at a rescue and she needed a home. She fell in love with the 12 year old and the rest is history. She is a beagle/jack russell mix??? we know part beagle, but the rest we can only guess.

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring post of thanksgiving!!

God doesn't always do things the way we want Him to, but His way is always BEST.