Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday and Lent

HHMMM, interesting title! Are you observing Fat Tuesday or Lent? How do you celebrate the days?

As I'm sure most of you know by now, we absolutely love our new church and are so thankful for the places we have come to find rest there....including my girls in a youth home group. Well, one of the home group leaders has encouraged them to celebrate Lent this year....and one of my daughters will.

Now, in the past, I would have traveled a similar road so that we could do something 'spiritual' together. Not this year, though. I am choosing to not celebrate Lent by giving up anything!

Why?

So glad you asked (>;

There is really nothing God is impressing upon me to give up for 40 days. If I had to absolutely choose something to give up to spend more time with God, it would have to be my blogging (and those I read) or my Facebook. But, these are places where you can share concerns and I can pray for you and you can pray for me, these are the places where I keep an eye on my families electronic world.

So, are you celebrating Lent this year? If so, what are you doing? I will pray for your strength and that you will grow so much closer to our Lord during this time.

Oh, and my jealousy issue...I decided to be a grown-up and contact the lady via a private Facebook message myself. We have started a dialogue and I could actually see us becoming friends in the future. Hubs has still not accepted her 'friendship'...not sure if he will or not but I'm thinking of adding her to my list of Facebook friends! Maybe this Sunday, we will actually see each other at church!

For those of you that partnered with me in prayer, thank you so much. Asking what He would have me to do was the only way to have a fair response for all parties.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow....

God's girl, Pamela

No comments: